News Flash Home
The original item was published from 3/24/2020 10:15:00 AM to 4/6/2020 4:01:13 PM.
Town News Flash
Posted on: March 23, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Town Hall CLOSED for Public Access without Appt.
- The Town Is Urging Residents To Use Online And Mail Services
- In an effort to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) which is in Rhode Island, the Town of Westerly is doing its due diligence; therefore, residents and businesses are advised to take advantage of our Online and Mail-in services and to utilize the Town’s Drop Box located on the side of the Town Hall. The following services are available:
- June 2nd Presidential Primary: (Rescheduled from April 28, 2020) The Mail Ballot application is available at the following website: https://vote.sos.ri.gov/Content/Pdfs/Calendar/PPP-MailBallot.pdf or visit the Town of Westerly website at Westerlyri.gov – Newsflash where you will be able to print a mail ballot application.
- Voter Information: Check your voter status and register to vote by visiting the following link: https://vote.sos.ri.gov/
- Marriage, Birth and Death Certificates: Please visit the Town of Westerly website at Westerlyri.gov; click on Government- Departments- Town Clerk- Vital Records.
- Land Evidence (Deeds, Mortgages, etc.): Please visit the Town of Westerly website at Westerlyri.gov; click on Land Records Online. Land Evidence documents can be sent to us for recording at Westerly Town Clerk, 45 Broad Street, Westerly, RI 02891. They can also be recorded electronically though one of our vendors.
- Probate: To obtain forms, please visit the following link: https://www.sos.ri.gov/divisions/business-services/probate-forms/. Probate filings can be submitted by mail to the Westerly Probate Clerk, 45 Broad Street, Westerly, RI 02891.
- Business Licenses: Please call the Town Clerk’s Office and we will provide you with the appropriate forms.
- Dog Licenses: The deadline for dog registrations has been extended to May 31, 2020. The Town Clerk encourages you to renew by mail or use the drop box located on the side of the Town Hall. Please be sure to include a valid rabies certificate and the appropriate fee.
- Town Council Meetings: Town Council meetings are video streamed on the Town of Westerly website through ClerkBase. Click on Agendas & Minutes on the home page. They are also televised through Channel 18 (Cox) and Channel 29 (Verizon).
- Payment of Taxes or Water Bills
- You have several options to make tax payments that do not require you to come in person:
- By mail: You can mail payments to our lockbox service provider in one of the envelopes provided when you received your tax bill. Please make sure your coupon is included with your payment when you mail it here.
- If you don’t have your coupon you can mail it to:
- Town of Westerly
- Tax Collection
- 45 Broad St.
- Westerly, RI 02891
- Please allow enough time when mailing your payments. They must be postmarked by the quarter end due date and received by the end of the 3rd business day of the grace period to be considered on time.
- Drop Box outside of Town Hall: We have a 24-hour drive-up drop box located on the Episcopal Church side of Town Hall (along side the building on the driveway heading out to Broad St). We pick payments up from here daily. Any payment placed in the drop box after 2:00 p.m. will be processed on the next business day.
- Credit Card Options: Point and Pay: They accept Mastercard or Visa. You will need your account number and pin number located in the box on the first page of your tax bill. https://Westerlyri.gov/TaxBill
- Official Payments: They accept all credit cards as well as e-checks. You will need your account number and will need to know that Westerly’s jurisdiction code is 4910. You can either make a payment over the phone at (800) 272-9829 or online https://www.officialpayments.com/index.jsp
- Please note, both credit card providers do charge a service fee. To see the fee structures, please visit our website: https://westerlyri.gov/payonline
- Tax Office Hours: The Tax Office is open from 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m. Please call with any questions. If you get our voice mail, please leave a detailed message. We will return your call promptly.
- For an additional listing of online services please go to: https://Westerlyri.gov/OnlineServices