Public Comment Phase of the “Town of Westerly
Comprehensive Community Plan: 2020-2040” Begins
The Department of Development Services is pleased to announce the official working draft of the “Town of Westerly Comprehensive Community Plan: 2020-2040” is now available for public review and comment. It is available at www.westerlyri.gov/CP2020.
The new Plan, once approved, will replace the current 2010 Comprehensive Plan. The Comprehensive Planning process provides the community with the opportunity to guide land use and development as well as transportation, housing, infrastructure and energy, economic vitality, recreation, natural resources, historic and cultural resources and resiliency.
At the Town Council Work Session on Monday, November 4th, 2019, the Planning Board and staff of the Planning Office will introduce the working draft of the Comprehensive Plan. The presentation will include the following highlights:
- Changes in RI State requirements since 2010
- The general evolution from the 2010 Plan
- The Plan’s overall format
- Next Steps
Several options are available for public comments on the Plan including the ability to submit written comments to the Department of Development Services, Planning Office:
- In person or by mail to Town of Westerly, Planning Office 45 Broad Street, Westerly, RI 02891,
- Via email to CompPlanFeedback@westerlyri.gov
- Online with the Community Online Feedback Tool available at www.westerlyri.gov/Feedback
- Attend the Public Work Session of the Planning Board on Thursday, November 21st; 5:00 – 8:00pm in the Town Council Chambers, and
- Attend the Town Council Work Session on Monday, December 2, 2019 at 6pm in the Town Council Chambers
The Public Comment Period is anticipated to remain open until 4:30pm on Monday December 9th, 2019. At the December 9th Town Council meeting Planning Staff will report comments received and discuss next steps.