COVID-19 Resources for Small Businesses and Nonprofits
- Rhode Island Rebounds Small Business Grant Program February 1-15, 2022)
This state program provides direct financial assistance in the form of grants for $2,500 or $5,000 to help small businesses that have suffered financially due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Initially available only for 2 weeks. To learn more, visit https://commerceri.com/rirebounds/ .
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- GoFundMe.org Small Business Relief Fund Grants (March 21, 2020 - TBD) GoFundMe.org has partnered with Yelp and Intuit QuickBooks to offer one-time $500 matching grants to qualifying small businesses with a GoFundMe fundraiser that have been negatively impacted by a government mandate related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Click here to learn more and review FAQs.
- Fundbox (Ongoing) Fundbox provides small businesses up to $100,000 advanced payments for unpaid customer invoices and direct lines of credit with 12- or 24-week repayment periods. Fundbox deposits funds within two (2) business days and assumes the role of collecting payment to ensure small businesses have access to receivables they're owed. To learn more or apply, click here.
- RI Hospitality Employee Relief Fund (Ongoing) The RI Hospitality Education Foundation is offering financial assistance to food service, lodging, and tourism employees of RI Hospitality Association members laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in need of supporting their families with basic needs. To learn more or apply, click here.
- The Ocean Community Chamber Foundation One Fund (Ongoing) has been raising funds through t-shirt, sweatshirt and face mask sales, to create a grant fund to support small businesses. The OCCF has awarded $34,381 in grants to over 30 small businesses in the region during its 3 rounds of grant distributions so far. For more information about future rounds of grants, call 401-596-7761 or visit oceancommunityonefund.org
- LISC Rapid Relief and Resiliency Fund (Coming Soon!) The Local Initiatives Support Corporation, with funding from Sam's Club, has opened four application rounds to grant small businesses up to $10,000 for eligible expenses. Click here to learn more and sign up for updates on future rounds.
- Westerly is not a location eligible for Amazon Neighborhood Small Business Relief Fund Grants. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Visit the official Reopening RI website here
- Watch the Governor's weekly press briefings here
- Sign up for daily email updates from the Governor here
- Sign up for the Small Business Administration's newsletter here
- Follow the Town of Westerly's Facebook page here
- Follow the Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce's Facebook page here @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Business counseling offered by the Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE)
- Business counseling offered by the Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce
- Business counseling offered by the Rhode Island Small Business Development Center
- Business counseling offered by Rhode Island SCORE
- Customer/client trends analysis offered by Mastercard
- Cyber vulnerability assessments offered by Mastercard (ending December 31, 2020)
- Digital skills training offered by Facebook
- Digital skills training offered by Google
- Identity theft protection offered by Mastercard
- Tech support (up to 45 minutes) coordinated by CommerceRI @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- PPE for Small Businesses, including 500,000 face masks and vouchers for one-gallon disinfectant solution from a participating Ocean State Job Lot, will begin being distributed statewide on Monday, May 18, 2020. Businesses with 50 or fewer employees that are open or reopening will have access to one month's supply of these PPE upon showing their completed COVID-19 control plan (four pages). A local pickup location for face masks is 1 Chamber Way (Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce). To learn more about pickup hours and procedures, click here.
- Launch Hand Sanitizer is being produced by Grey Sail Spirits for free distribution to local businesses and organizations upon request. Those interested should contact the Ocean Community Chamber Foundation, which is leading coordination.
- Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce Gift Certificates are being awarded for supporting local businesses! Submit a photo of yourself patronizing a local business to the Chamber and enter in for a chance to win a Chamber gift certificate that's accepted at more than 250 area businesses! To see an up-to-date list of restaurants and food establishments offering pick-up or delivery, click here. To purchase Chamber gift certificates directly online, click here.
- Rhode Island Superior Court's Business Recovery Plan has been created to provide supervised protections for businesses across the state struggling to pay off debts after January 15, 2020. The Plan is intended to help these businesses remain operational and access new working capital to get back on track with debt payments. This resource uses a non-liquidating receivership model that will protect businesses from the threat of being sold for a period of time during which businesses can focus on generating revenue and returning to good-standing with their creditors. To learn more, click here.
- Shop Local Facebook Live Events! are broadcasts being conducted by the Ocean Community Chamber of Commerce every weekend to help member businesses keep connected with customers. Businesses can showcase products and merchandise while viewers can call in to buy and schedule curbside pickup or delivery. To learn more, click here. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Dale Faulkner - Grant Coordinator - email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
* Non-governmental resources are provided for informational purposes only and are not endorsed by the Town of Westerly without official action.