Services & Forms

At Risk Resident Registration Form
The Westerly Police Department is updating our database for our “At Risk Residents” who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease, other forms of dementia, or medical conditions that may cause an individual to wander or put themselves at risk.  For further information Click Here

Charitable Gaming License
Complete this form and return to the police station along with a check for $5, payable to the RI State Police and a separate check for $5.00 payable to the Westerly Police Department. We will process the form and forward it to the State Police for review and approval.

Check Complaint Form
Check Complaint Process
Commonly local businesses are forced to file complaint after receiving a "bad check." These two forms should be used to file a complaint with the department. Please follow the instructions on the direction sheet.

Civilian Complaint Form
All Formal Civilian complaints must be provided to the Westerly Police Department on a Civilian Compliant Form. For Further Information Click Here

Concealed Carry Permit
This form is to be used to apply for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Criminal Record Check Release Form
This form should be used to request a criminal record check for the purposes of employment. This form may be completed and returned to the police department along with a check for $5.00 payable to the Westerly Police Department. These requests take five days to process. You may review court records at You may check the status of an inmate at

Handicap Parking Permit
This permit is issued by the RI Registry. Bring this form to your doctor and then forward to the Registry at the address shown on the form.

Parent Consent To Search
This form is to be used by parents to allow the police to conduct a limited search of the their home and monitor activity there while they are away and underage children remain. The form should be completed and returned to police headquarters.

Private Detail Request Form
Form and general information for the hiring of Police Officers for private detail work.

Request for Police K-9 Demonstration
This form is to be used to request a Police K-9 Demonstration. The completed form should be submitted well in advance of the requested date. Some requests may not be granted due to scheduling conflicts.

Request for Public Records Form
Access to Public Record Procedure
Requests for police reports can be made in person at the  Westerly Police Department Headquarters Records Division window Monday through  Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM. Forms with instructions are available for non-business hours  in the lobby or you may download a “Request For Records Under The Access To  Public Records Act” form. For further information Click Here

Request for Special Permission To Park Vehicles In A No Parking or Tow Zone Area
This form is used to request a waiver of the no parking regulations in the area of your home. If you are expecting a large number of vehicles that would force parking in the roadway as the result of an event at your home, you may request a waiver. If the waiver is granted, you may be required to employ a police officer during the event. The waiver should be completed and returned to the Chief of Police for his approval. This request should be made at least 14 days in advance.

Vacant House Form
If you plan on being away from your home for an extended period of time and would like to notify the police, simply fill out this form and return it the police station in person or via US mail. This makes us aware of the house being vacant and provides us with important information should a problem arise.

Yard Sale Permit
A permit is required to conduct a yard sale in the Town of Westerly. You are limited to one sale within a three month period for no more than two consecutive calendar days. You may NOT post signs throughout town advertising your sale. Permits may be obtained at the Westerly Town Clerk's Office or online.