Reimbursement for damage to my mailbox

If a plow, sander or other equipment attached to a Town plow truck or Town machine hits and damages a mailbox  the Town will replace the mailbox with a generic mailbox from a local hardware store.

If snow or slush damages or destroys a mailbox the Town will not typically replace.  An appeal can be filed to the Director of Public Works.  It will be the decision of the Director of Public Works or their designee if the Town will replace or reimburse. 

To report any issues regarding damage to property during snow or deicing operations please contact the Department of Public Works at 401-348-2517 or 401-348-2587